Gyalshing, May 24 (IPR): A meeting of the District TB Forum on National Tuberculosis Elimination Programme (NTEP) organized by the District TB Cell Gyalshing was held at the conference hall of the District Administrative Centre, Rabdentse today.
The meeting was chaired by the District Collector Gyalshing, Ms. Yishey D. Yongda and was attended by ADC Gyalshing, Shri Khemraj Bhattarai, ADC (Dev.) Gyalshing, Shri Surat Gurung, SDM Yuksom, Shri Tshering T. Bhutia, CMO Gyalshing, Dr. Bikash Pradhan, BDOs, Officials of the district and representatives of various NGOs. A PowerPoint presentation was given by DTO, Dr Smriti Rai with the following thrust areas.
1. Target of TB Elimination by 2025
2. District performance in terms of TB Notification and Success Rate over the past 3 years
3. Total patients diagnosed & notified in the current year.
4. Activities carried out in the previous year 2022-2023.
5. Ni-kshay Mitra registered so far and the scope of enrolling more members.
6. Involvement of NGOs & role of media in NTEP.
7. Action plan for the year 2023-24.
The presentation was followed by an open house discussion wherein the following points were deliberated.
1. District Collector in her address instructed to initiate the capacity building of PRI members for TB Mukt Panchayat immediately, such trainings are to be done BAC-wise by respective BDOs.
2. To activate and sensitize School health ambassadors on Tuberculosis and involvement of school health clubs.
3. BDO Chongrang impressed upon the need for effective monitoring of activity undertaken by the Panchayat by setting up a good reporting mechanism.
4. DC commended the work of NGOs, in food basket distribution sponsored by Nikshay Mitras.
5. District Collector Nikshay Mitra, also encouraged members of the TB Forum to register themselves for the noble cause. It was agreed upon by the members of the forum and the participants to register for Nikshay Mitra from the wider social field including heads of various institutions and retired employees.
The meeting ended with the commitment by all stakeholders to ensure sustained effort towards the early elimination of TB from the district.